1) A pencil can write around 45,000 words before it runs out.
2) The world's thickest book is, The Complete Miss Marple, by Agatha Christie it
is 12.5 inches thick.
3) The longest book title has 79 words and was published in 2007.
4) The longest word is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis it has 45 letters!
5) James Patterson has published 31 New York Bestselling books which is the most ever recorded.
6) Jason W. Mitchiner is the first author ever to skydive with his published book.
7) The fastest selling book is, Harry Pottter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling
selling 15 million copies in its first day.
8) The novel, Gadsby, by Ernest Vincent is very unusual within the 50,000 word novel
there is no letter 'e'.
9) In the dictionary there are no words that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
10) The most stolen book from public libraries is, The Guinness Book of Records.
11) Les Miserables by Victor Hugo contains a sentence with 823 words.
12) In the United States there are an average of 5 million books sold a day.
13) In the United States 125 new titles are published each day.
14) The United States and Canada account for almost half of the newspapers that are
published in the entire world.
15) D.H. Lawrence was an author who never revised his work. He would start back at
the beginning if he was not satisfied. It took him three rewrites to finish the novel, Lady
16) Jennifer Eagan writes all her first drafts to her novels on a yellow pad.Only when she
is finished does she go back, read her work, and type it into a computer.
17) Virgina Wolf wrote all her novels when she was standing up.
18) Over 20,000 books have been published about Chess.
19) The book that calculates pi to two million places is 800 pages.
20) Noah Webster of Webster's Dictionaires took 36 years to write his 1st dictionary.
Is there any other weird writing facts I missed? Feel free to add them to the list in the