Word War is a new writing exercise I created and developed recently.
A new Word War will begin every Sunday and last until the following
Saturday at midnight. This week will be the second Word War!
I was inspired by Lillie Mcferrin's amazing Five Sentence Fiction blog.
I wanted to create a writing exercise of my own because I enjoy hers so
much. If you haven't you should checkout her site and participate in Five
Sentence Fiction. Here is how a Word War works.
Objective: Add a new sentence to the story until the end of the week.
1) You can only add one sentence at a time to the story.
2) You have to wait for someone to add a sentence before you can
add another one. You can't have two sentences in a row.
3) You can add as many sentences as you want as long as you follow
the rules above.
4) Maximum characters for the sentence is 100.
How to post:
1) Click add a link at bottom of post.
2) URL: type in your blog link. Only add link for first sentence.
3) Name: type in the sentence you
wrote to add to the story.
4) Email: add your email.
Here is the starting sentence:
A terrible cold came over me, I pulled my jacket tightly around my body
and continued walking.
Let this weeks Word War begin!